GET UPCLOSE & PERSONAL WITH MASTER ANKIT RAI

Ankit Rai
Hey friends, with lots of talents coming from small state like Sikkim and reaching till International arena  it  has been a proud moment for us to cherish. To make our blog more interesting and resourceful, we have come with an interview section where we can get up-close and personal with the local stars. In this regard, we have interviewed a young and talented musician, who happens to be from tiny state called Sikkim. Ankit Rai, a young boy from Gangtok who has a passion for Music could be an inspiration and role model for many budding musicians in the near future. Having completed all his requirements for PhD, he will be opting for it very soon. Here is a brief interaction with Ankit Rai where we have tried to know few at things about him.    

 
Name: Ankit Rai      

Age:19
DOB :7th Dec 1991     
Fathers Name:  Mr.Narendra Rai
Mothers Name: Mrs. Bimla Rai
Occupation: Student
Studying in: West Point Sr. Sec. School     
Interest: Music & playing PC Games         
Likes & dislikes: I like to enjoy with my friends & I dislike none.
CPCV : You are still a school student, and at such a young age you have excelled in playing violin..since when have you started playing?

Ankit: Yeah, I was very young , I was 9 yrs old when I first started playing, I mean learning.
CPCV: Every great personalities has some inspiration or they are inspired by someone, it is the same case with you?
Ankit: Ya, actually my Dad is a violinist himself…..so he has inspired me to play and moreover I take him as my idol.
CPCV: So it is true that some people says, Father Like Son?
Ankit: Ha ha…Ya, till some extent.
CPCV: Okay, so we know that you are an excellent violinist…other than violin do you prefer to play any other musical instruments?
 Ankit: Thanks for rating me EXCELLENT.. Ya, I love to play Guitar, Keyboard and Drum too.
CPCV: Do you sing as well?
Ankit: Yeah, not professionally…..but you know sometimes when I’m practicing I happen to sing to my own tune.
CPCV: It looks like we’ve got a all in one package here….Ha ha….
Ankit: Ha ha…Ek K Saath Ek Free…Ha Ha ha…
CPCV: Anyway, jokes apart, we’ve heard that you also give violin class to people, you being a student yourself, how do you manage your time?
Ankit:  Ya, it is  not a simple task..doing your own studies, taking classes, again practicing yourself….managing time is a difficult task.
CPCV: You must have students from different age, it must be difficult to communicate…I mean if students are older than you..
Ankit: I have students upto 60 yrs of age…it used to be difficult in the initial stage… but now, I’ve got used to it…it has became a habit….
CPCV: What is music for you?
Ankit: Everything, I mean without music I wont exist.
CPCV: You must’ve performed in many shows…can u tell us in how many shows’ve you performed till now?
Ankit: Umm….can’t tell you the exact figure…may be more than50.
CPCV: Have you played with any professional artist?
Ankit: Yup,wid Prashant Tamang, Adrian Pradhan & Sabin Rai.
CPCV: Have you released any album yet?
Ankit: not yet... 
CPCV: We have very few people who take Music as a career and to make their career, they go to places like Mumbai, Nepal (KTM), where their talent can be recognized. Do you have any such plans?
Ankit: Obviously….if you want to prove yourself in a bigger arena…then you have to go through many phase… Ya, you have to struggle..
CPCV: Okay,it’s been more than hour since I’ve been questioning you..hope I’m not torturing you…
Ankit: (Smilingly says) No No..its my pleasure…
CPCV: Okay then few more minutes…Any tip or advice you want to give to upcoming violinist or new comers?
Ankit: Um….......I just wana say that, do practice regularly and don’t be in hurry to achieve your destiny. As you know, success never comes easily.
CPCV: Well…it was nice talking with you Ankit, hope you enjoyed as well, Thank you very much for sparing your time with us. I, including my entire team of Common People Common Voice would like to wish you all the good luck for your future ahead.
Ankit: It was my pleasure talking with CPCV. I would like to thank CPCV for such a wonderful interaction. Thanks a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PARAGLIDING: A NEW SPORT FOR ADVENTURE.

Indian women education: - A historical perspective

KITE FLYING IN SIKKIM: A LOST JOY